At Information Science and Technology from University of Coimbra in the first year the student must complete a set of four courses and write a valid Thesis Proposals. Once the student completes the courses and the proposal, he/she should dedicate full time to research activities aiming at the writing of the final dissertation.
Students at Information Science and Technology from University of Coimbra will:
- gain excellent research methodologies and advanced scientific training in the area of Communications and Information Sciences and Technologies,
- carry out high quality research work.
- share a straight connection with computational science and Informatics Engineering.
- Current Topics on Software and Internet Services
- Current Topics on Human-Centric Computing
- Current Topics in Intelligent Systems
- Research Seminar on Adaptive Computation
- Research Seminar on Communications and Telematics
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Informatics & Information Sciences Software Engineering View 5 other PhDs in Software Engineering in Portugal
- MsC graduates with a background in Information Science and Technology;
- BSc graduates with an excellent scientific/academic curriculum in the area of this Doctoral Program.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of diplomas/Certificates with detailed info on courses and final average grades for the BSc and MSc.
- Electronic copy of Identity card OR Passport
- Two Reference Letters which must also be submitted along with your application in the Inforestudante platform, clearly saying the name of the candidate and the Program he/she is applying to.
- Reference Letter/Carta de Referência
- Motivation Letter (Written by the candidate)
- GRE/TOEFL Test results (optional)
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Coimbra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.