The Department of Chemistry at Maynooth University is committed to providing excellence in teaching, research and in the training of PhD students. Our aim is to provide graduate students with every opportunity to enhance and develop their career, by providing good supervision, training in research methodology and associated professional skills; all of which will prepare them for their subsequent career.
There are three main educational elements to the chemistry structured PhD programme, namely: (1) Research Work, (2) Education Courses in Chemistry and (3) Professional Training. Details of the Programme are provided in the Departmental Postgraduate Student Handbook (for Candidates Completing a PhD Degree in Chemistry) which is available through the Department.
The knowledge gained through the study of chemistry opens many career pathways, including, but not limited to, chemistry, medicine, law, business, chemical physics, environmental science, and teaching. The American Chemical Society (www.acs.org) and Royal Society of Chemistryl.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drhea (Dcu): Advanced Analytical Techniques
- Professional Certificate In Postgraduate Teaching & Learning : Tutors & Demonstrators
- Innovation And Research Commercialisation
- Core Skills And Research Techniques In Chemistry
- Teaching Skills In Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates for a PhD degree will normally be expected to have a Second Class Honours Grade 1 primary degree in Chemistry, or a relevant discipline.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.