Theatre from Louisiana State University curriculum provides students with a broad knowledge of theatre historiography, theory, literature, and criticism. In addition, students pursue a minor area of study in a field outside theatre, such as Women’s and Gender Studies, Performance Studies, History, Anthropology, and English.
Our program is tailored to suit the needs and goals of each student. Once students choose a major advisor at the end of coursework, they work with that faculty member to ensure they spend the remainder of their time acquiring the necessary experience to prepare them for the position they seek whether inside or outside academia.
Students at Theatre from Louisiana State University will:
- gain skills in writing rigorous scholarship, teaching a broad range of theatre classes, and enhancing production experience, especially in the areas of dramaturgy and directing.
- become nimble and adaptive teachers and scholars, able to occupy positions in professional and/or academic theatre.
- Graduate Study in Theatre
- Drama of the African Diaspora
- Theater History
- Dramatic Literature
- Theater Studies
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 6 other PhDs in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate (if attended) institutions attended
- GRE Scores
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. Institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution
- A GPA of at least 3.00 (A=4.00) on all undergraduate work (or at least half-degree requirement) and a 3.00 GPA or better on any graduate work already completed; international applicants must have at least a 3.00 GPA, or equivalent, on all college-level work previously attempted
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Examination or GRE
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- English Language Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 60 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.