We undertake leading-edge multidisciplinary, creative and relevant research on a wide range of topics.
Focused on advancing the science and engineering of complex systems and addressing different scales and levels of complexity, the research in the School is carried out within four main research themes:
- Multi-scale and Multiphase Systems
- Self-sustaining Biological Systems
- Sustainable Industrial Systems
- Measurement Science and Instrumentation Systems
Each of our academics is a highly respected expert in their own area, and our staff includes chemical engineers, chemists, physicists, biologists, analytical scientists and mathematicians.
About the program
Research students was expected to present seminars within the School, and also to present their work as posters or talks at international conferences and external seminars, to increase confidence, develop communication skills and improve employability.
Multi-Scale Modelling students at The University of Manchester will meet regularly with an academic project supervisor, who will take overall responsibility for the project, ensuring that facilities and training are available to make good progress.
Annual progress review will take place with an independent academic mentor to ensure that the supervision arrangements and progress are satisfactory.
All research programmes have personal and professional development training units to enhance transferable skills.
Training courses cover themes such as thesis writing, business skills, career management and presentation skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Other resources include:
- Library training and ongoing assistance from a dedicated School librarian
- Option to attend undergraduate or MSc classes in the University that may be beneficial to studies
- Invitation to International Seminar Programmes within the School, and in other Schools and Research Institutes around the University. Studentw will be expected to participate in the School's Research Student Seminar Programme
- Invitation to Careers Service events which includes meetings with employers and recruitment agencies as well as specialised training in career planning, job applications, interview techniques and CV writing
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 86 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic entry qualification overview
- The standard academic entry requirement will normally be at least an Upper Second UK honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant science or engineering discipline or a first degree with an additional UK Masters degree (or international equivalent).
- The School may require a First Class honours degree or international equivalent for some research projects.
- English language
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.