About the Process Integration program
We undertake leading-edge multidisciplinary, creative and relevant research on a wide range of topics.
Focused on advancing the science and engineering of complex systems and addressing different scales and levels of complexity, the research in the The University of Manchester is carried out within four main research themes:
- Multi-scale and Multiphase Systems
- Self-sustaining Biological Systems
- Sustainable Industrial Systems
- Measurement Science and Instrumentation Systems
Each of our academics is a highly respected expert in their own area, and our staff includes chemical engineers, chemists, physicists, biologists, analytical scientists and mathematicians.
Other resources include:
- Library training and ongoing assistance from a dedicated School librarian
- Option to attend undergraduate or MSc classes in the University that may be beneficial to studies
- Invitation to International Seminar Programmes within the School, and in other Schools and Research Institutes around the University. Studentw will be expected to participate in the School's Research Student Seminar Programme
- Invitation to Careers Service events which includes meetings with employers and recruitment agencies as well as specialised training in career planning, job applications, interview techniques and CV writing
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Chemical Engineering View 18 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic entry qualification overview
- The standard academic entry requirement will normally be at least an Upper Second UK honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant science or engineering discipline or a first degree with an additional UK Masters degree (or international equivalent).
- English language
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.