Electrical and Electronic Engineering program aims
The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at The University of Manchester is awarded by the University in recognition of the successful completion of a period of supervised research and training, the results of which show convincing evidence of the capacity of the candidate to pursue research and scholarship and make an original contribution and substantial addition to knowledge.
The results of this research shall then be embodied in a thesis or other appropriate form and must contain material of a standard appropriate for peer-reviewed publication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microwave and Communication Systems (MACS)
- Control Systems
- Sensing, Imaging and Signal Processing (SISP)
- Electrical Energy and Power Systems (EEPS)
- Power Conversion (PC)
- Microelectronics and Nanostructures (M&N)
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 24 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic entry qualification overview
- The standard academic entry requirements for a Doctorate level programme (e.g. PhD) it will be an Upper Second UK honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant science or engineering discipline or a first degree with an additional UK Masters degree (or international equivalent).
- English language
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.