Plant Sciences - Plants for Life from Universidade Nova de Lisboa innovative training is unique in the country, representing an opportune and highly valuable input to increase the competitiveness and innovation ability in an area of crucial importance for the sustainable development and future of human society.
Overcoming these limitations through the generation of better food, feed and energy crops, while ensuring sustainability and environmental health, is one of the contemporary challenges for plant scientists.
Students at Plant Sciences - Plants for Life from Universidade Nova de Lisboa will be able to address key biological questions related to:
- plant growth and development,
- plant responses to environmental stress
- the improvement of crop varieties and plant products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant Cell and Developmental Biology
- Plant Metabolic Regulation
- Eco-Physiology and Plant Interactions
- Modern Strategies in Crop Breeding
- Plant Biotechnology for Sustainability and Global Economy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Plant & Crop Sciences Environmental Sciences View 4 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with a background in agronomical and biological sciences or areas that interface with these are encouraged to apply to the PlantsforLife PhD Program.
- hold a Masters degree or legal equivalent at the date of application;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree with a total number of academic credits equal or above 240 (pre-Bologna degrees);
- exceptionally, hold a Bachelor’s degree with a total number of academic credits below 240 (post-Bologna degrees) and an academic or scientific curriculum vitae of outstanding quality recognized by the Directive Board of the PhD Program.
- A good knowledge of English
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement including a description of scientific interests and career goals and reasons for applying to the Program;
- Detailed documentation of the academic record
- Two reference letters are strictly required and must be submitted online by the referees. Contact information of two referees must be provided by the applicant;
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 48 months.
Students with a Plants for Life or FCT fellowship have their tuition fees covered.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.