At Economics at Carlos III University of Madrid students must actively participate in different training activities:
- Attendance at weekly seminars by guest professors invited by the Department of Economics
- Participation in reading groups organized by the Academic Committee of the Program
- Presentation of research progress in the sessions hosted by the Program on a biannual basis
- Presentation and discussion of research progress in international conferences and meetings
- Attendance to summer courses on top subjects taught by guest professors
- Development of temporary stays in prestigious research centers in Europe and the United States
Students at Economics at Carlos III University of Madrid will:
- acquire the necessary tools to perform high quality research
- publish in academic journals of international prestige.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Imperfect competition and regulation (Theory and experiments)
- Price formation in markets with frictions and uncertainty
- Learning and social evolution
- Political economy
- Time series
- Growth and innovation
- Monetary and financial economics
- Labour market and housing
- Regional and urban economics
- Macroeconomics and Applied macroeconomics
- Economic Theory and econometrics
The recommended entry profile is a person who:
- Has a research Master’s degree in economic analysis from a prestigious institution;
- Has an excellent academic record;
- Has sound economic, analytical and math training;
- Speaks, reads and writes English correctly;
- Has a research project that is coherent with the research lines of the Department of Economics.
Departament of Economics
- Prof. Andrés Erosa ( Director of the Program )
- Prof. Carlos Velasco Gómez
- Prof. Ángel Hernando Veciana
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 5 other Masters in Finance in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research-oriented Master's degree in Economic Analysis awarded by a prestigious institution
- High English skills (minimum equivalent to a B2 level)
- Letter of recommendation from renowned professors in the area of Economic Analysis (20%).
- National Identity Document: DNI / NIE / Passport
- University degree certificate/diploma of access to PhD (Master's degree or equivalent) or proof of application to it, or commitment of completion of previous studies of access to PhD
- Academic transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Authorization of disclosure of educational information
- Authorization of disclosure of employment information
- Passport-size photograph (optional)
International390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 EUR per year during 36 months.
Fees for academic monitoring of Ph.D. training year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.