Telematics Engineering from Carlos III University of Madrid includes monographic seminars on topics selected for their interest and relevance and taught by renowned invited researchers. It is worth mentioning that the Program, updated in 2006-2007, grows from Ph.D.
Students at Telematics Engineering from Carlos III University of Madrid will gain knowledge in:
- telematics engineering,
- protocol architecture,
- communication applications and services,
- devices in networks
- Learning analytics
- Mobile learning
- Immersive education
- Augmented reality learning
- Collaborative learning platforms
- Technology supported tutors
- Virtual environments
- Augmented reality
- Internet of things
- Social networks
- Ubiquitous computing and security
- Energy efficiency
- Network architectures
- Communication protocols
- Distributed systems and network design
- IPv6 and related protocols
- Mobile networks and services
- Programmable networks
- High-performance switching
- Internet technologies
- MPLS/multi-service IP networks
- Vehicular networks
- Optical access, metro and core network technologies
- Communications security
- Energy efficiency in telecommunications networks and systems
- Traffic analysis
Students need to have substantial familiarity with communication networks, protocols, services, applications, and systems, with a special emphasis in the fields related to their research projects. They are required to have a solid background in mathematics and statistics and a good command of English, especially reading, but also in writing and speaking.
Telematics Engineering Department
- Prof. José Alberto Hernández Gutiérrez (Director of the Program)
- Prof. Luis Sánchez Fernández
- Prof. Rubén Cuevas Rumín
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 8 other PhDs in Computer Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic background, including subjects and grades
- Motivation letter and statement of commitment and research interests
- English skills are required for admission. These can be certified with test scores such as TOEFL, British Council IELTS, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas or Universidad Carlos III Language Services.
- National Identity Document: DNI / NIE / Passport
- University degree certificate/diploma of access to PhD (Master's degree or equivalent) or proof of application to it, or commitment of completion of previous studies of access to PhD
- Academic transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Authorization of disclosure of educational information
- Authorization of disclosure of employment information
- Passport-size photograph (optional)
International390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 EUR per year during 36 months.
Fees for academic monitoring of Ph.D. training year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.