PhD researchers choose Tilburg Law School
- are a small-scale university with an informal and international atmosphere;
- employ supportive supervisors who are experts in their field of research and provide useful feedback;
- employed PhD candidates the opportunity to enhance their academic profile through teachings.
The research at Tilburg University Law School focuses on understanding the changing societal developments and its impact on interpersonal and institutional relationships and the law. The research projects of PhDs are closely related with the research topics of the Law School. Tilburg Law School is internationally orientated and ranks among the best law schools in Europe. The PhD candidates form a strong and lively community within the Law School.
Recent research topics include
- Enhancing accountability: a methodological study on bottom-up indicator production
- Bureaucracy's Discources: Constraint or Vehicle for Justice Sector Reforms in Transition Countries?
- Coherence in Law through Legal Scholarship
- Data Justice in Singapore's Smart Nation
- System transparency: legitimate expectations, developing rights
Start dates & application deadlines
- The deadline for applications is 18 March
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following documents (in English) must be submitted online:
- Letter of motivation, including information on your present situation and/or employment.
- Research proposal, see the format on page 3 – 7.
- Letter of nomination of the proposed supervisor.
- European-style CV
- Official copy of the diploma Master program.
- Official copy of your university marks (grade list).
At this moment Tilburg University does not charge a fee for a PhD program
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.