At Mining and Geo-Resources Engineering from University of Porto research will preferentially concern the fundamental understanding of the basic processes that support the sciences and technologies involved in the application of engineering principles to the Earth Sciences.
Students at Mining and Geo-Resources Engineering from University of Porto will:
- develop their thesis research from the first year onwards, under the orientation of a supervisor.
- attend specialized courses, either in normal or tutorial regime on advanced topics of interest to their research topic.
- focuse on topics related to the life cycle of mineral resources: the availability of minerals; prospection and recognition; mining project; study of potential environmental impacts; exploitation of mineral deposits; ore processing; the disposal, treatment and recycling of mineral wastes; decommissioning, closure and abandonment; geo-environmental technologies and still on any supporting science or technology such as geostatistics, rock mechanics, geophysics, etc.
- Seminar - Research Project
- Preparation of the dissertation
- Advanced Mathematics
- Applied Modelling
- Characterization of Rock Formations
- Experimental Planning
- Instrumentation and Control
- Integrated Mining Project
- Management of Mining Systems
- Mining Environmental Impact
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas Natural Resource Management View 45 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Master's degree or legal equivalent in the area of Earth sciences and technologies, such as Mining Engineering, Geological Eng., Geotechnical Eng., Applied Geology or related areas;
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree with a relevant academic or scientific curriculum in this scientific area recognized by the Scientific Committee as attesting to their ability to attend this cycle of studies;
- Those with an academic, scientific or professional curriculum in this scientific area recognized by the Scientific Committee as attesting to their ability to attend this cycle of studies.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.