At Environmental Engineering from University of Porto areas of research specialization include, in a non-exhaustive list, the phenomenological understanding of any kind of physical, chemical or biological processes that affect the quality of any environmental compartment (surface water or groundwater, surface, atmosphere and biota) or respective sub-compartment, as well as the introduction of new industrial practices (green engineering, environmental nanotechnology, industrial ecology) or the problems of sanitation and water supply in addition to the study of relationships between public health, engineering and sustainability.
Students at Environmental Engineering from University of Porto will:
- develop their thesis research in any of the departments at FEUP since the first year, under the orientation of a supervisor.
- focus on fundamental understanding of the basic chemical, physical, biological and technological processes underlying environmental engineering problems.
- Environmental Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 4 other PhDs in Environmental Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Master's degree or legal equivalent in Environmental Engineering or related area;
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree with a relevant academic or scientific curriculum within the area recognized by the Scientific Committee as attesting to their ability to attend this cycle of studies;
- Those with an academic, scientific or professional curriculum within the area recognized by the Scientific Committee as attesting to their ability to attend this cycle of studies.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Students covered by the international student status (CPLP) - 3.000,00€
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.