Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from University of Porto promotes the development of several important technical and personal skills recognised by the business world; maintains connections with companies and national R&D institutes regarding several aspects, namely through the cooperation of its teachers and projects developed in partnership; Promotes PhDs in an industrial environment.
Students at Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from University of Porto will:
- follow professional careers, at a national or international level,
- get a comprehensive training and an integrated, holistic and multidisciplinary vision to solve materails engineering problems,
- incorporate the solutions in a sustainable industrial and social development.
- Planning Research Activities
- Advanced Materials Science
- Advanced Product Development
- Advanced Production Processes
- Advanced Techniques in Materials Characterization
- Applied Statistics
- Complements of Finite Elements
- Complements of Joining Technology
- Complements of Plastic Deformation Technology
- Complements of Surface Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 6 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Master’s degree or its legally binding equivalent;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum, recognised by the Scientific Committee as attesting to the applicant’s ability to carry out this study programme.
- Holders of a 1st degree possessing a especially relevant academic or scientific curriculum recognised by the Scientific Committee as attesting to the applicant’s ability to carry out this study programme;
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Students covered by the international student status (CPLP) - 3.000,00€
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.