The aim is to apply health psychology to the promotion and maintenance of health, the analysis and improvement of the health care system and health policy formation, the prevention of illness and disability and the enhancement of outcomes of those who are ill or disabled.
Health Psychology as a discipline is the fastest growing field of Psychology in the UK. However, currently, there are no Health Psychology Doctorates offered in Scotland. Given an ageing and obesogenic population, with associated long-term health conditions, the demand for behavioural health and wellbeing interventions (and, therefore, Health Psychologists), is only set to increase.
This Health Psychology programme form Glasgow Caledonian University is intended to equip students with the vital knowledge and skills to become a competent and effective Health Psychologist. The Doctoral programme is designed to meet the BPS’s accreditation standards for Stage 1 and Stage 2 training in Health Psychology, thus meeting the requirements for Practitioner Psychologist status.
The programme aims to prepare students for accreditation as a Chartered Psychologist by providing training and supervision in five key areas of competency, including research, teaching and training, consultancy, behaviour change interventions and professional skills.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interventions in Applied Psychology
- Professional Development in Applied Psychology
- Applied Psychology Practice
- Health, Analytical Methods
- Critical Enquiry in Applied Psychology
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 183 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- UK honours degree 2:1 (or equivalent) in psychology that meets British Psychological Society (BPS) standards for the Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC), plus relevant work experience.
- Subject to DBS, PVG and/or occupational health checks. If successful in your application, you will be shortlisted and invited for interview.
- Direct access to year two with an MSc in Health Psychology (BPS accredited) will be considered in line with GCUs Recognition of Prior Learning policy.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 36 months.
- RUK: £7,000
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We provide high-quality education for a fair price; as the University for the Common Good, we are committed to offering accessible higher education for talented students by keeping our tuition fees low and providing a generous scholarship package of over £2.5 million per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.