Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Porto has a duration of 4 years, being the first year organized into 8 courses of 7.5 ECTS of advanced mandatory and elective courses distributed by two semesters. The other 3 years correspond to the development of the Ph.D. thesis research work.
Students at Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Porto will:
- define the scope and topic of the PhD research;
- have a supervisor.
- make one presentation of his/her work.
- Multicriteria Decision Aiding
- Signal Analysis, Classification and Processing
- Machine Learning
- Digital Signal Processing Systems Architectures
- Grid Computing
- Non Linear Control
- Optimal Control
- Power Conversion
- Estimation and Identification
- Heuristics and Metaheuristics
- Instrumentation and Systems Testing
- Computational Intelligence and Power Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 6 other PhDs in Electrical Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Students covered by the international student status (CPLP) - 3.000,00€
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.