At Mechanical Engineering from University of Porto training is conducted by a high level study and research in a subject included in the wide range of areas covered by mechanical engineering.
Students at Mechanical Engineering from University of Porto will:
- be able to carry out important research in the area of his PhD, autonomous but also at the same time several Integrator competences,
- promote the development of knowledge both in academic and scientific environment, as well as in business environment.
- Analysis of Industrial Risks
- Bio Mechanics
- Complements of Finite Elements
- Control of Non-Linear Systems
- Structural Dynamics
- Solar Energy
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics
- Structural Adhesive Joints
- Composite Laminates
- Composite Materials
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 7 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Porto and/or in Portugal, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Students covered by the international student status (CPLP) - 3.000,00€
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.