Computer Science (MAP joint programme) from University of Porto is supported by around 150 faculty, covers all major areas in Computer Science, both fundamental and more applied areas, and involves the cooperation of national and international research unities and companies. MAPi has established partnerships with leading Universities, such as Carnegie Mellon University, within the CMU-Portugal program, leading to a dual degree in Computer Science conferred by both institutions, and with University of Texas at Austin. There are already more then ten students being co-advised by faculty from both institutions.
Our program aims to produce future leaders in Computer Science, scientifically well educated, prepared to pursue a professional career as researchers, university professors or as innovative professionals at leading companies.
- Automata and Applications
- Algebraic and Coalgebraic Models in Software Development
- Cryptography and Information Security
- Distributed Computing
- Data Warehousing Systems
- Knowledge Discovery from Data Bases
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A master’s or second cycle university degree in computer science, IT, information engineering or other areas
- A degree from a domestic or international institution of higher education, recognised as appropriate by the Scientific Board;
- Professional or research experience recognised as relevant and appropriate by the Scientific Board.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.