Korean Studies from Yonsei University offers an interdisciplinary curriculum combining history, sociology, and political science.
Students at Korean Studies from Yonsei University will gain knowledge in:
- Korean History, Society & Culture
- Korean Politics and Economy
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Design & Methods
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- International Economics
- International Relations
- Korean Society & Culture
- Modern Korean History
- Cultural History of Korean Modernity
- Seminar in Modern Korean History
- Gender & Society
- History of the Korean Culture and Media Industry
- Korean Wave and Media
- East Asian Cinema
- North Korean History
- Social Movements and Civil Society
- The History of Popular Culture in Korea
- Traditional Korean History
- Gender and Sexuality in Korean Film and Literature
- Understanding Popular Music and Korean Society
- Korean Economy and Business
- Korean Politics and Democratization
- North Korean Politics and Society
- Economic Institution and Policy in Korea
- Political Economy of Korean Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee
- Recommendation letters
- Master’s diploma or letter/certificate of expected graduation
- Master’s transcript
- Research proposal (3 pages minimum)
- Writing Sample (40 pages minimum)
- Proof of Language Proficiency
International10948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National10948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5474 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.