At Architecture from McGill University thesis must constitute original scholarship and must be a distinct contribution to knowledge. It must show familiarity with previous work in the field and must demonstrate ability to plan and carry out research, organize results, and defend the approach and conclusions in a scholarly manner. The research presented must meet current standards of the discipline; as well, the thesis must clearly demonstrate how the research advances knowledge in the field. Finally, the thesis must be written in compliance with norms for academic and scholarly expression and for publication in the public domain.
Students at Architecture from McGill University will:
- gain confidence in their great capacity to learn
- be future-ready.
- strengthen their ability to adapt through innovative learning solutions for any stage of their career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation Proposal
- Final Dissertation Proposal and Literature Review
- Dissertation Progress Report
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Deadline for Current McGill Students (any citizenship) - 15.01
- Candidates who have an adequate background at the post-professional master’s level in the proposed area of research will be admitted to Ph.D. 2 with the stipulation of additional courses from the M.Arch. (Post-professional) curriculum, if necessary.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants are required to upload unofficial transcripts from all universities previously attended.
- Two confidential letters of reference are required for your application.
- Research proposal: a four-page research proposal, as well as a detailed explanation of why and with whom they wish to study at McGill University’
- Submit evidence of research accomplishments, which could, in some cases, replace the portfolio requirement.
- Written work: a sample of the applicant’s written work, drawn from essays, papers, or other work previously submitted for academic evaluation or publication, and falling within the desired field of graduate study.
- Proof of English language proficiency
International16122 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8061 CAD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National2622 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1311 CAD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.