The Department's faculty members conduct research in numerous areas of economics.
- The low student-faculty ratio ensures students receive individual attention to their own research, and are able to act as research assistants to the Faculty.
- The Department at McGill University collaborates with the four other Economics departments in Montreal to extend the Ph.D.-level course offerings and to offer numerous external speakers and conferences.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Comprehensive Examination
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- An Honours B.A. in Economics is the normal requirement, although students holding an ordinary B.A., whether in economics or another discipline, may also be eligible for admission.
- Students judged by the Admissions Committee to have deficiencies in their preparation in economics may be admitted to a Qualifying year in which they undertake advanced undergraduate work.
International16122 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16122 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2624 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2624 CAD per year during 36 months.
McGill University is committed to provide financial support for graduate education. Through Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) and other academic units, McGill is working to increase the number of student fellowships and scholarships, exploring new avenues for student support, and making it easier to disburse existing funds. Our competitive funding support offers, coupled with Montreal’s low cost of living, makes graduate studies at McGill a wise educational investment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.