About the programme
Part of the Chemical Pathology programme of The Chinese University of Hong Kong involves the delivery of seminar presentations. Each student has an opportunity to participate in one international conference during the course of study. Students will be required to submit a written research thesis and pass an oral examination for graduation.
Fields of Specialization:
- Plasma Nucleic Acids and Molecular Medicine
- Diagnostic Applications of Next-generation DNA Sequencing
- Allergic Diseases
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Stem Cell and Regeneration
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master’s degree in a field related to Life Sciences or the degree of MBChB or equivalent.
- Holders of a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related fields may also be considered.
- A bachelor's degree, normally with Second Class Honours in the upper division or above, and have been registered in a course of study for a master's degree at this University for at least one year and have demonstrated research ability; or
- Been registered in a course of study for a doctoral degree at a recognized university for at least one year, and have been approved for admission by the Graduate Council; or
- Obtained the degrees of M.B., Ch.B., or equivalent, or under special circumstances, the degree of bachelor, for admission to programmes of the Faculty of Medicine.
International5429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5429 USD per year during 36 months.
National5429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5429 USD per year during 36 months.
- 42,100 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.