About the Program
The faculty of the Political Science program of the Case Western Reserve University employ a range of research methods and approaches, including game theory, elite interviewing, survey research, field and archival research, and comparative case study analysis.
Faculty specialties in the Department of Political Science include US political institutions; elections and political parties both in the United States and abroad; legislative politics and public policy; international relations with an emphasis on international political economy; the development and decline of nation-states; the politics of gender; constitutional law; public policy and public organizations; research methods; and comparative politics with regional concentrations including China, Central Asia and the Middle East, and Europe.
The study of political science can build a foundation for many types of future employment. Many political science majors go on to graduate study or law school. Others pursue careers in journalism, nonprofit groups, public policy, government, or business.
- 12 hours in a primary subfield (American, comparative, or international relations)
- 9 hours in secondary subfield (one of the remaining two fields)
- 6 hours in the remaining subfield
- 6 hours in Research Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 40 other PhDs in Public Policy in United States
- The department strongly prefers that applicants without an MA in political science have a minimum GPA of 3.2 overall and a minimum GPA of 3.4 in undergraduate political science courses, and that applicants with an MA degree in political science have a minimum GPA of 3.4 overall in their MA work
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
International29955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 36 months.
National29955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.