This course is designed for serious writers who already have a Master’s degree in Creative Writing or similar, and/or writers who have many years of writing experience. The PhD in Creative Writing from Warnborough College is flexible, yet comprehensive in scope and allows writers of different genres to tailor the program to suit their needs. Candidates on the program will get to demonstrate that the pen really is mightier than the sword.
How will I learn?
This program is offered through distance learning. This involves a fully open experience and is achieved through a combination of distance, on-site and virtual learning.
Individual programs can be structured in module formats; can be project/research directed, or can combine these options. At the doctoral level, learners are expected to be highly self-motivated and capable of independent work.
- Mimesis of Texts
- Research Methods for Creative Writers
- Autobiography, Memoir, and Rhetoric
- The Persona Poem
- Poetics of the Ordinary
- The Muses
- Micro Fiction
- Narration and Story Development
- Dreams and the Inner Writer
- Creativity Theory and Practice
- Writing for a World Audience
- Mythopoesis for Creative Writers
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start Date: 1st of any month
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 5 other PhDs in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of a Master's degree; or equivalent.
- A full curriculum vitae/resumé.
- A brief autobiography.
- A brief research proposal, if you are choosing either research or projects options. Outline what you would like to do on the program – the research topic, intended methodology, and planned resources. It should be clear and concise, and can be modified later after discussion with your Program Director.
- Copies of all academic transcripts. Please include English translations if your transcripts are in another language.
- Two references. From employers, business partners, and/or academics.
- A scanned copy of your passport or government-issued ID showing your name, date of birth and photograph.
- Two passport-size photographs (if you are posting a paper application).
- Application fee of €100.
- All other relevant and related information or documentation (e.g. scholarship requests, etc.)
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
€113 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.