The Doctor of Philosophy program in Computer Science from The University of Iowa emphasizes preparation for research and teaching in academic settings or for research in private, industrial, or government laboratories.
- Many graduates obtain positions in industry research laboratories, such as Amazon, Disney, Google, Samsung, and Yahoo, or in government research laboratories.
- Others pursue research and teaching careers in higher education, with some starting their careers in postdoctoral positions at universities before seeking employment in tenure-track positions, and some are employed as faculty with more teaching-oriented positions.
- A few recent Ph.D. graduates have founded or joined start-up companies.
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Theory of Computation
- Limits of Computation
- Computer Security
- Topics in Computer Science
- High Performance Computer Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 51 other PhDs in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
International30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30612 USD per year during 24 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30612 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11665 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.