- The scientific focus is broadly cancer research with an emphasis on fundamental cellular processes, their deregulation in cancer, the identification of novel diagnostics and therapeutic targets. In addition to training in technical aspects, the curriculum places a strong emphasis on scientific reasoning as the most important and portable aspect of Ph.D. training.
- The cross-disciplinary training includes novel concepts and state-of-the-art techniques of molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, genomics, proteomics, structural biology, cell biology, pharmacology, and molecular medicine. This training is integrated into the extensive clinical and translational research programs of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (SCCC).
- Research in cancer biology stands out by the scale and rate at which basic science translates into tangible changes in the treatment of patients. At the same time, information flows back rapidly from the clinic to direct the next frontier in basic science and innovation.
Key Areas of Research:
- Cancer Metabolism
- Cancer Stem Cells
- Cancer Epidemiology & Prevention
- Epigenetics of Cancer
- Molecular Cancer Therapeutics
- Tumor Immunology
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biochemistry Genetics View 83 other PhDs in Genetics in United States
- Applicants to biomedical programs should have a bachelor degree in a biological or related discipline (e.g., psychology, chemistry, engineering, physics)
- Excellent academic record
- Competitive GRE exam scores
- Research experience in a laboratory setting
- Publications of abstract and / or papers
- Co-authorship in a peer-reviewed journal is recommended
- Strong letters of recommendation from research scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue state-of-the-art biomedical research
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English Proficiency Exam (non-native speakers)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
International73080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
National73080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.