Informatics Engineering from University of Madeira cycle of studies is divided into two components. The first year is dedicated to the curricular component and the last two are focused on the elaboration on an original thesis. Upon completion of the mandatory 60 ECTS in the curricular component of the degree, students are awarded a Diploma of Advanced Studies.
Graduates will be able to: collaborate in companies and organizations lacking advanced skills in Informatics Engineering; carry out duties linked to research and teaching in Higher Education; carry out duties linked to research within the scope of institutions and research centres or become self-employed.
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Multimedia And Graphical Computing
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems
- Network-Centered And Distributed Systems
- Aritficial Intelligence
Eligible applicants must have a masters degree or a legal equivalent; hold an undergraduate degree or a relevant school or scientific curriculum recognized by the members of the Scientific Council.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Informatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology View 45 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Updated curriculum vitae, including published or duly documented works;
- Projected research plan, indicating its scientific foundations, methodology to be used and objectives to be achieved;
- Indication of the proposed advisor or advisors, unless the candidate presents himself under his exclusive responsibility;
- Statement by the dissertation supervisor, accepting responsibility for this task, informing about the availability of adequate material means to carry out the proposed work or indicating, alternatively, national or foreign institutions that, having these means, agree to collaborate;
- Other documents that the candidate considers useful.
Living costs for Funchal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.