The PHD Program in IR has been developed on the bases of academic peer review and consulting with appropriate professors from Amsterdan, Warsaw and Central European University.For the purpose of development of academic and research spheres in Georgia it is vital to prepare Doctoral students. The demand for professionals of the field has been growing in many areas including in the scientific-research organizations, governmental agencies, higher educational institutions and international organizations of regional and international reach.
The aim of the program is to equip PhD students with appropriate theoretical basis and skills needed for educational, scientific and research activities. Program graduates will be able to use contemporary research and teaching methods. Another factor determining success of the program is combination of theoretical and practical knowledge. Namely, PhD students will have a chance to conduct research in different directions and gain experience of cooperating with professionals of the field in a class room environment, which will become a stepping stone for their future successful careers.
Key facts:Notably, in 2016 as part of the EU Erasmus + funded project, Institute of Peace Studies was set up at the Caucasus School of Governance. By the time the project is completed in 2018, the institute will be equipped with modern computer equipment, thematic library and students’ space. The students of CU are entitled to participate in the Institute’s activities (listen to public lectures on conflict and peace, take part in variouse activities and academic publications). Within the framework of PESTUGE, Caucasus University cooperates, along with two other higher education institution in Geogria, with such leading universities in Peace Studies as Trinity College University and Dublin City University, Ireland and The University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- Educational Component
- Teaching-Assisting Component
- Research Component.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master’s degree or any other equivalent degree (he/she shall submit a diploma certifying having such a degree from accredited higher educational institution);
- At least a two-year working experience and GPA 2.5 and higher on the Master’s level of education (preferably Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, European Studies, Public Administration, Economics and other corresponding specialties).
- shall take an interview with the examination commission of the Caucasus School of Governance;
- submit a Cover Letter and CV;
- submit a two-page analysis of a scientific article or a book
- To be eligible for enrollment in the Program the applicant shall know the English language at least at B2 level (CEFR) in accordance with the National Qualification Framework, which shall be proved by submitting an appropriate certificate (in the case the student does not have such a certificate an examination will be requested);
International623 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 623 EUR per year during 36 months.
National623 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 623 EUR per year during 36 months.
- 2500 GEL/Year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.