In the first two years of the PhD Management program at HEC Paris our students fulfill at least 320 hours of coursework. Foundations of Management Courses address the fundamental principles of management, while Specialization Courses offer state-of-the-art insight in a particular management discipline. Methodology Courses help students to develop the skills needed to produce research publishable in top academic journals.
Finally, Professional Development Courses aim to prepare students for the academic job market by offering training in pedagogy and career management. Note that students have the option to take French Language Courses throughout the PhD Program.
At the end of the first year, students take a comprehensive exam in their field of specialization.
In the second year, students move from merely consuming to producing research. They choose an advisor with whom they closely collaborate to develop theory and design empirical studies. Phase I is concluded with the successful defense of a dissertation proposal.
The HEC Paris PhD Program offers generous support to students to present their research output at academic conferences. Conference funding includes transportation, food and lodging, visa costs, and conference fees. On average, our students participate in two academic conferences annually.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organizational Theory
- Social Psychology in Organizations
- The Economics of Organization
- Accounting and Management control
- Economics and Decision Sciences
- Information Systems and Operations Management
- Management and Human Resources
- Strategy and Business Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 4 other Masters in Business Administration in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (Bachelor and Master)
- Personal statement motivating your choice of pursuing a PhD in Management
- Résumé (CV)
- Optional Research material that may support your application (dissertation, paper, research work)
- Management test score report: GMAT or GRE official test score report
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or IELTS
- 2 completed online reference forms from professors
- Passport-style photo and proof of ID
- Non-refundable application fee of €50.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
HEC Paris invites applications for a Special PhD Fellowship in the Economics and Decision Sciences and the Strategy and Business Policy departments.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.