This training Science of Drug and Bioactive Substances program at University of Pisa is characterized by a central subject concerning bioactive substances and is able to put together different disciplines and methodologies in a coherent and hard manner, both with respect to different CUN areas and specific ERC areas, i.e. Life Sciences and Physical Sciences and Engineering.
The research lines developed at the Department of Pharmacy are characterized by highly interdisciplinary contents. This fact efficiently supports the instauration of profitable collaborations between our academic staff and national or international research groups.
The PhD students are strongly encouraged to carry out parts of their project in internationally renowned research groups.
In order to guarantee a complete interdisciplinary formation of the PhD students, the training activities of this graduate school also comprises:
- Cycles either of lessons, that are held by the academic staff of this graduate school, or by external lecturers;
- Seminars are delivered by professors who are experts in their fields;
- Participation in national and international schools that are specifically dedicated to PhD students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Topics of the course are:
- the discovery of bioactive molecules by means of rational design, synthesis or extraction of active compounds from natural sources;
- the study of biochemical, physiological and pharmacological mechanisms of their action;
- the formulation of drugs;
- the techniques for the evaluation of the impact that these substances have on humans and on the environment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Master's degree, or an equivalent academic qualification obtained abroad.
- This diploma will be examined and verified by the examining boards or the PhD Council.
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 36 months.
Depending on the country of origin and can vary from 356,000 euros up to 2.452,00 euros (including € 140,00 for Regional taxes, and € 16.00 for stamp duty).
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.