The general research areas developed can be summarized as follow:
- research of drugs through rational design, synthesis or extraction of active molecules from natural sources;
- understanding of the biochemical, physiological and pharmacological mechanisms of action of these molecules;
- research of formulations of medicinal specialties;
- research of the impact that bioactive substances have on man and the environment.
This Science of Drug and Bioactive Substances program from University of Pisa, primary focused on the study of bioactive substances, brings together different disciplines and methodologies, both in reference to the Italian CUN areas (03 and 05) and specific ERC areas (Life Science, Physical Science and Engineering). The highly interdisciplinary content of the research carried out at the Department of Pharmacy and therefore in the PhD Course makes fruitful collaborations among researchers from the various scientific disciplines, as well as with national and international research groups. In line with this, doctoral students are strongly encouraged to carry out part of their research project at highly qualified foreign institutions.
In addition, the Doctoral Course, in order to ensure a complete and correct interdisciplinary training, provides highly qualified training activities, including:
- Cycles of monographic lessons held by PhD inner and external teachers ;
- Seminars held by national and international teachers of high scientific level;
- Participation in national and international schools addressed to doctoral students, summer and/or winter schools;
- Organization of thematic workshops.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Master's degree, or an equivalent academic qualification obtained abroad.This diploma will be examined and verified by the examining boards or the PhD Council.
- Candidates who possess a foreign academic degree equivalent in level, nature, contents and academic rights (access to further courses) to the Italian academic qualification required for admission to a PhD program may provide the consular documents of the academic degree (translation, legalization and declaration of value) with the sole aim to facilitate the evaluation of eligibility of the academic degree for admission to the PhD program.
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 36 months.
Depending on the country of origin and can vary from 356,000 euros up to 2.452,00 euros (including € 140,00 for Regional taxes, and € 16.00 for stamp duty).
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.