Based on the relational psychodynamic perspective, coupled with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, this Counselling Psychology course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is designed to help you develop an integrative perspective based on these perspectives and any previous experience.
For example, you may already have studied client-centred or existential perspectives as part of counselling certificate courses. The programme team is committed to the view that the therapeutic relationship is a key factor in promoting client change.
Careers / Further study
Students completing this course successfully are in a great position to become counselling psychologists and therapists in a wide range of roles in the private, public and third sectors. In fact, the vast majority of recent graduates have secured positions before they complete the qualification, based on their four to five years of placement experience.
- Principles of Counselling Psychology
- Theory and Practice in Counselling Psychology
- Personal and Professional Development
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Systemic Thinking and Practice in Counselling Psychology
- Research in Counselling Psychology
- Critical Psychopathology
- Professional Issues in Counselling Psychology
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 86 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Graduate Basis for Chartership with the British Psychological Society
- upper second class or first class degree in psychology
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (comprising a minimum of 75 class hours)
- one year's experience of working in a one to one helping role
- the standard University levels of proficiency for English Language.
International11660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11660 GBP per year during 36 months.
National6757 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6757 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Full Time UK/EU £6,757
- Full-time International £11,660
- Part-time UK/EU £5,069
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.