The BPS accreditation team commends this Health Psychology course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) based on:
- the high level of student satisfaction and the resources and facilities that support their training
- the high level of support the academic team provides, and their accessibility and approachability
- the strong research experience and wide-ranging expertise of the programme team, and its commitment and enthusiasm to the course
- the forward-looking nature of the course, including the commitment to its continual development
- the programme team's responsiveness to feedback from students, employers and professional bodies
- the diversity of the assessment methods and our commitment to developing new ones.
- the emphasis on integrating theory and practice at every stage.
Careers / Further study
Once you have completed the course you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council to become an accredited practitioner, and for full membership of the British Psychological Society.
Our award-winning careers service helps you develop your employment potential through career coaching, a vacancy service for internships, placements, jobs, global opportunities, volunteering and community activity plus support for entrepreneurial activity, and access to employer events.
- Systematic Review
- Teaching and Training in Health Psychology
- Consultancy Skills in Health Psychology
- Health Behaviour Change Interventions
- Professional Skills in Health Psychology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 86 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
- UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent international qualification)
- Graduate Basis for Chartership with the British Psychological Society
- MSc Health Psychology to a minimum of merit grade (or equivalent) accredited by the British Psychological Society as providing Stage 1 of the Practitioner Health Psychologist qualification
- A health-related job role (paid or voluntary) on applying, in which you can fulfil the majority of the Stage 2 competencies in Health Psychology.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.