This Law programme at Deakin University admits a small number of students into a fully-funded PhD program each year, allowing us to offer a very high standard of individual attention.
In addition to traditional doctrinal legal research, our academics master and can supervise dissertations that incorporate comparative analysis, as well as a variety of empirical methodologies, including qualitative methods, such as interviews and case studies, and quantitative methodologies, including surveys and experiments.
We are seeking applicants who hold a prior research degree with an 80% average, and who want to be part of a dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment supported by world class legal experts and advanced campus facilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Research
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Meta-analysis Research Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 8 other Masters in Legal Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Entry to Deakin Business School and Deakin Law School PhD program is based on a demonstrated capacity to undertake significant independent research at a very high standard in the proposed field of study. Applicants applying to undertake a PhD must:
- Meet Deakin University’s English language requirements; and
- Have completed an appropriate qualification in a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution at the standard specified.
- Your latest qualification (Masters/Honours) should not be more than 5 years old, or you should provide an additional portfolio of evidence of equivalent research or professional experience and outputs from the last five years
- You should have at least 2 research methods units in your prior studies
Living costs for Geelong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.