The Finance programme from Deakin University is designed to prepare PhD students for successful careers in academia, industry, or government. Students complete four coursework units in their first year of study.
As part of the Business School’s commitment to the recruitment of world-class researchers, the department has hired academics who hold a PhD degree from renowned universities, including University of Washington at St. Louis, University of Michigan, University of California, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), and Hong Kong University. The department has also recently hired Tarun Chordia (Emory University) as a Professorial Research Fellow.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Corporate Finance
- Empirical Research Methods
- Empirical Methods in Corporate Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 8 other Masters in Finance in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Entry to Deakin Business School and Deakin Law School PhD program is based on a demonstrated capacity to undertake significant independent research at a very high standard in the proposed field of study. Applicants applying to undertake a PhD must:
- Meet Deakin University’s English language requirements; and
- Have completed an appropriate qualification in a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution at the standard specified.
- Your latest qualification (Masters/Honours) should not be more than 5 years old, or you should provide an additional portfolio of evidence of equivalent research or professional experience and outputs from the last five years
- You should have at least 2 research methods units in your prior studies
Living costs for Geelong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.