The Department of Accounting at Deakin University is calling for expressions of interest from exceptional candidates who would like to conduct research into one of the following areas:
- organisational governance and accountability
- auditing and assurance services
- financial and non-financial reporting
- the financial implications of political connections.
We’re seeking applicants who have completed a prior research degree with an 80% average, and who want to be part of a dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment supported by world class facilities.
Deakin Business School is a top eight business school in Australia, and our Accounting department is ranked 112th in the world and 3rd in Australia in the latest BYU rankings. The Accounting program at Deakin University is supported by experienced researchers with an excellent track record of publishing in top journals in the discipline, including:
- The Accounting Review
- Journal of Accounting and Economics
- Contemporary Accounting Research
- Journal of Accounting Research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Philosophy of Research
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 6 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Entry to Deakin Business School and Deakin Law School PhD program is based on a demonstrated capacity to undertake significant independent research at a very high standard in the proposed field of study. Applicants applying to undertake a PhD must:
- Meet Deakin University’s English language requirements; and
- Have completed an appropriate qualification in a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution at the standard specified.
- Your latest qualification (Masters/Honours) should not be more than 5 years old, or you should provide an additional portfolio of evidence of equivalent research or professional experience and outputs from the last five years
- You should have at least 2 research methods units in your prior studies
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.