The Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Pécs established its International PhD Program in Regional Development for professionals who have collected several years of experience in their field working at national, regional and local levels of decision-making or at think-tank organizations. The International PhD Program in Regional Development belongs to the Doctoral School of Regional Policy and Economics and as such, it is a nationally accredited doctoral program in Hungary.
The aim of the Regional Development program from University of Pécs is to train high-quality professionals in the field of regional development.
This aim is achieved by a well-structured program that provides strong theoretical base and at the same time supports independent research under expert supervision and by regular feedback. The international network of the School and its professors provides many more opportunities than lectures only; the best students can apply for travel grants to conferences and for abroad scholarships to our partner institutions or they can be involved in some of the international projects of the Faculty and its center of excellence, the Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Research Centre.
To serve this aim the Program supports independent research by providing experienced faculty supervisors and professional feedback at dissertation seminars. From the very beginning, the Program provides methodological and practical support for individual research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The International PhD Program in Regional Development combines the advantages of contact-based and distance-based education drawing on the contribution of its recognized national and international faculty.
- The educational period consists of four semesters.
- Though subjects are partly delivered in block teaching, there is a continuous consultation between the students and their supervisors that requires personal attendance throughout the semesters.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Preliminary Research Proposal (2-3 pages long)
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Completed Application Form (available on the website)
- Official Copies of (Degree) Certificates
- Certified Translations in English
- Transcript of Records in English
- List of Publications (if any)
- passport-size photographs.
- Copy of the photo-page(s) of your passport
- Medical certificate, Vaccination card and HIV test
- Motivation letter
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 1. semester: 4 000 EUR
- 2-4. semester: 3 000 EUR/semester
- 5-8. semester: 1 500 EUR/semester
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.