The PhD Programme in Regional Development from University of Pécs is for professionals who have collected several years of experience in their field, working at national, regional and local levels of decision making or at think-tank organizations.
The programme is designed to help students acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for writing good quality doctoral dissertations. It supports independent research by providing experienced faculty supervisors and professional feedback at dissertation seminars.
The duration of the program is four years: two years intensive studying and attending classes, and two years research. Classes are held in the first two years on a semester basis with two weeks’ intensive teaching period in each semester. After these two weeks, students have to work on the assignments to satisfy the requirements of the courses.
Following the first two-year study period students can start their research after successfully passing a complex exam. This way the program combines the advantages of face-to-face education and distance learning. There are already successful PhD students with Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship who obtained the certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The International PhD Program in Regional Development combines the advantages of contact-based and distance-based education drawing on the contribution of its recognized national and international faculty.
- The educational period consists of four semesters. During this period students should spend in each semester approximately 5 days on campus to attend and prepare for classes, consult with their research supervisors and continue their research.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Preliminary Research Proposal (2-3 pages long)*
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Completed Application Form (available on the website)
- Official Copies of (Degree) Certificates
- Certified Translations in English
- Transcript of Records in English
- List of Publications (if any)
- passport-size photographs.
- Copy of the photo-page(s) of your passport
- Medical certificate, Vaccination card and HIV test
- Motivation letter
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Doctoral examination: EUR 500
- Doctoral procedure: EUR 3,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.