As part of the School of Dentistry, you will work amongst the very best researchers to produce original and distinctive globally leading research, with the ultimate aim to provide novel diagnostic and therapeutic solutions to the most common oral and general health problems.
The Dentistry programme from University of Birmingham is intended for students who wish to obtain high quality research training that will enable them to conduct independent investigative research.
Why study this course?
When you join your programme you will become part of the Graduate School within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences giving you access to:
- Supervision from leading academics to support you through your research programme including research techniques and training.
- Training and development courses to enable you to gain research and generic (transferable) training skills
- Opportunities to attend and take part in Research Poster festivals and other postgraduate activities to boost your academic and networking skills
- An allocated academic mentor so you can access pastoral support
- State-of-the art facilities to support a range of teaching, learning and research activity with access to dedicated write up rooms, libraries, and computer facilities.
You will also become part of the wider University of Birmingham postgraduate research community located at Westmere House where you have access to training and skills development, careers and employability advice, wellbeing and counselling services as well as welcome activities and events.
Programme StructureYou can choose from a range of research areas within Dentistry covering:
- Primary Dental Care
- Tissue Injury and Repair
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Research degrees may start at any time of the year
DisciplinesDentistry Health Sciences View 185 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- 2:1 honours degree in a subject relevant to the research area you applying to.
International24780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24780 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4565 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4565 GBP per year during 36 months.
UK: £2,283, part-timeInternational: £12,390, part-time
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.