ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields: Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems (LIS), Organisation (ORG), Marketing (MKT), Finance & Accounting (F&A), and Strategy & Entrepreneurship (S&E).
The aim of the Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems research group is to be at the forefront of developments in Logistics and Supply Chain management in interaction with business operations, information, and technology innovation, and to make a major contribution both to management science and to management practice.
The Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems programme from Erasmus University Rotterdam is focused on three themes: logistics and supply chain optimisation, operations and innovation management, and next generation information systems.ERIM currently offers the following PhD projects within its LIS research programme:
- PhD Research in Business Analytics in Information Systems
- Advancing Research on Innovation Management
For a list and detailed description of all current ERIM PhD Vacancies please visit the university website.
Conditions of employment
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Fixed, gross monthly salaries are € 2,443 in the first year, € 2,846 in the second year, € 2,979 in the third year, and € 3,122 in the fourth year. EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration up to five years. The PhD position is intended to start 1 September.
PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the-art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM set up for a wide range of research-related activities such as conference participation, international job markets, external courses, scientific and educational literature, visits to international supervisors, and international research studies.
ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields:
- Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems (LIS)
- Organisation (ORG)
- Marketing (MKT)
- Finance & Accounting (F&A)
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship (S&E).
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Supply Chain Management & Logistics Business Intelligence & Analytics
To be considered for a PhD position in management at ERIM, you are expected to:
- hold an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, or mathematics (depending on PhD project)
- have excellent results in your first degree or graduate study
- show explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- have a GMAT or GRE test result that is not older than five years, and an indication of the required score is 85 per cent (required for all entering PhD students
- have TOEFL or IELTS test results. For internet-based TOEFL test, ERIM requires a total score of at least 100 and all section scores (writing, speaking, reading, and listening) should be at least 23. For IELTS, the minimum overall band score is 7.5 and all section scores (writing, speaking, reading, and listening) should be at least 6.5.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
In the Netherlands, appointed PhD candidates are considered employees of the university and therefore no tuition fee is charged.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.