- fundamental knowledge of the theoretical and methodological framework of the study areas involved;
- systematic understanding of the processes and products of translation studies and terminology, as well as technology and other areas of application that intersect with translation and terminology and that impose new challengers on these fields of study;
- capacity to carry out research and generate discussion on the challengers and results obtained, at national and international forums, thus contributing with new knowledge towards the development of these study domains.
This programme enables professionals to work in the production of scholarship and in professional settings (in the fields where translation and terminology are applied; scientific and technological institutions, businesses, education, etc.).
The training this programme provides will be increasingly sought after considering that businesses and other organizations identify increasing need to respond to multilingual communication and face a vast array of challenges in the creation, management and updating of terminology and documentation, in general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Specialised Translation
- Discourse and Translation
- Technical Communication
- Specialty Corpora
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master level degree, or legal equivalent.
- Foreign higher education degree awarded on completion of a 2nd cycle study programme organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.