The Chemical Engineering programme offered by the Universidade de Aveiro aims to train specialists of the highest level in Chemical Engineering and its specialties or branches, through the development of:
- Capacity for systematic understanding in the scientific and technological field of study;
- Skills, aptitudes and methods of research in the scientific and technological field of study;
- Ability to design, design, adapt and carry out scientific research, subject to legal requirements and respecting the highest ethical standards and academic quality and integrity;
- Ability to design, design, adapt and contribute to the production or installation of new products or processes, subject to legal requirements and to the highest ethical and quality standards;
- Effective capacity (documented by the activity developed during the study cycle in question) to carry out original research work that contributes to the extension of the frontiers of knowledge and which deserves at least partial disclosure in publications with prior evaluation systems;
- Capacity for critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Ability to communicate with peers, the rest of the academic community and society in general about the area in which they specialized;
- Capacity in a knowledge-based society to promote technological, social and cultural progress in an academic or professional context.
The Doctoral Program in Chemical Engineering of the University of Aveiro aims to create higher level professionals specialized in the design, research and development and production of chemical, biochemical and biotechnological products and processes, with particular emphasis on those involving or deriving from materials and macromolecular or polymeric products (natural or synthetic), for industrial or consultancy firms, and public or private R & D bodies and laboratories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biorefinery and Biomass Chemical Conversion
- Advanced Materials Characterisation Techniques
- Alternative Solvents Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 9 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for enrolment will be selected by the Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro in accordance with the proposal made by the Director of the Study Cycle, taking intoaccount the following parameters:
- Academic curriculum;
- Scientific curriculum and /or Professional curriculum.
- An interview and / or a written test may be required as complementary criteria.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.