You become a research-informed business leader who is able to apply best practice within your organisation and in your own managerial practices. The interaction between theory and practice provides you with a range of perspectives that add value in terms of business effectiveness, efficiency and capability. You reflect upon your own personal skills and engage in dialogue with global peers, to challenge your assumptions and transform your professional practice.
Working autonomously, but with support from your supervisory team, you build on previous knowledge and experience, gaining the confidence in academic research to undertake doctoral-level study.
You select a research topic aligned to your personal and professional objectives. Examples of previous research include studies of commitment to personal development, changes in public sector organisation, and the impact of organisational culture on efficiency.
Typically graduates of the Business Administration programme from Teesside University move into senior management and strategic leadership roles, internal consultant/project leadership roles or into external consultancy roles. DBA applicants are expected to be relatively senior business-based professionals at point of entry, so whilst the course will allow you to build on your existing work experience and skills, it will develop you as a research-informed business leader who is able to apply best practice within your organisational context and towards your own managerial practices.
- Applying Management and Organisational Studies Research
- DBA Advanced Independent Study
- Research Methods for Doctoral Students
- 27 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 14 other PhDs in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The DBA is designed for people who have achieved, or expect to achieve, senior organisational positions and/or who wish to enhance their analytical and research skills and knowledge. Applicants should have a master's degree in a subject that has aspects that relate to business and/or management, together with a minimum of three years' managerial experience.
- All prospective students will be interviewed. Applicants must show they have recent and relevant study or practice in the field of business and/or management.
International12375 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12375 GBP per year during 27 months.
National9875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9875 GBP per year during 27 months.
- Part-Time Fee for UK applicants £19,750
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.