At Applied Mathematics from Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava students participate in more profound theoretical developments in their respective areas.
Students at Applied Mathematics from Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava will:
- independently resolve quantitatively-expressed technological issues in both theoretical and practical areas
- use cutting-edge mathematical engineering software (ANSYS, MATHEMATICA, STATGRAPHICS, etc.).
- Finite element method as a tool for solving the geodetic oblique derivative boundary value problem
- New methods for automated segmentation from satellite images
- Numerical methods for level set problems using unsigned distance function
- Numerical methods for some level set equations with curvature term
- Chain and recurrent viscoelastic structures
- Segmentation of biological data on adaptive meshes
- Segmentation of point clouds from terrestrial laser scanner using evolving curves
- Boundary methods for gravity field modelling of the Earth using the hierarchical matrices.
- 48 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 8 other PhDs in Civil Engineering & Construction in Slovakia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Signed curriculum vitae
- Certified Master diploma, with a verification of a state exam and a diploma supplement (NOT for students of STU who completed their studies in the current academic year)
- List of published vocational and scientific (artistic) works
- Framework project to dissertation topic
- Transcript of records of all passed exams from previous studies (Bachelor and Master degree)
- Confirmation of the payment of the application fee
- Applicants for English-language study will enclose to the application a language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS).
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.