The current areas of research interest for the PhD in Civil Engineering program at Nazarbayev University encompass a wide spectrum, with specific focus on priority areas for Kazakhstan, such as: energy green growth, urban and regional development, environmental care and equitable management, advanced transportation and sustainable engineering and digitalization.
These areas are also aligned with well-known international research priorities, such as: Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies; Environment, Future and Emerging Technologies; and Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing.
Civil engineers generally work indoors in offices. However, many spend time outdoors at construction sites so they can monitor operations or solve problems onsite. Most civil engineers employed in the private sector work for large construction contractors or as consultants.
Government institutions that employ civil engineers include state transportation departments and the military.
- Civil Engineering Technicians;
- Construction Managers;
- Mechanical Engineers;
- Urban and Regional Planners;
- Environmental Engineers;
- Landscape Architects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Engineering and Materials;
- Geotechnical Engineering;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Construction Management;
- Transportation Engineering and
- Water Resources and Management, in perfect alignment with today´s technological challenges.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Transportation Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- A Master’s degree or equivalent
- During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
- A competitive CGPA in applicant’s Master’s (or equivalent) degree.
- High level of English proficiency
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Scholarships for International Students are available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.