The Civil Engineering program at Nazarbayev University focuses on the development of an in-depth understanding of the nature, implementation and evaluation of Civil Engineering principles and applications together with the growth of research skills.
The current areas of research interest for the PhD in Civil Engineering encompass a wide spectrum, with specific focus on priority areas for Kazakhstan, such as: energy green growth, urban and regional development, environmental care and equitable management, advanced transportation and sustainable engineering and digitalization.
Program Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the program, the students will be able to:
- Review, analyse, and evaluate the body of scientific literature in their field of study in Civil Engineering.
- Select appropriate research topics in their field of study in Civil Engineering, and generate hypotheses about such topics.
- Plan, develop, analyse and communicate research in writing and verbally independently.
- Make an original contribution to the knowledge in their area of specialization within Civil Engineering.
- Judge technically and ethically and relate their research to the broader field of knowledge in their Civil Engineering sub-discipline.
- Develop their academic/scholarly career through presentations, publications, and national and international networking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The program provides comprehensive technologic and scientific preparation for engineers in 6 (six) key areas:
- Structural Engineering and Materials;
- Geotechnical Engineering;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Construction Management;
- Transportation Engineering and
- Water Resources and Management, in perfect alignment with today´s technological challenges.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Transportation Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- A Master’s degree or equivalent
- A competitive CGPA in applicant’s Master’s (or equivalent) degree.
- High level of English proficiency
- Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (recommended);
- High motivation and strong interest in the Program as outlined in a statement of purpose;
- Relevant research interest and knowledge of research subject as demonstrated in a written research proposal;
- Two letters of recommendation (one from academic source).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 USD per year during 48 months.
National23500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 USD per year during 48 months.
10 011 000 KZT
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.