Upon completion of the Education program at Nazarbayev University , graduates will be well prepared to conduct educational research in academic institutions, teach at tertiary institution level, engage in policy advisory and development, undertake educational leadership, or work in other areas with high levels of responsibility.
The Education program at Nazarbayev University provides an in-depth understanding of the nature, implementation and evaluation of educational developments in Kazakhstan and globally, focusing on the development of critical, collaborative leadership and research skills to enable graduates to contribute to the education sector.
This Ph.D. program consists of a minimum of four years of research leading to a thesis. In addition, students are also required to complete coursework, and a study abroad at a partner university. Each student will be guided and supported by an Advisory Committee. Upon recommendations of the Chair of her/his Advisory Committee, the Ph.D. student can be given additional time of up to 12 months to complete and submit the thesis after the four years of the program. This additional period will not include stipend or accommodation and is only considered as an extra time to complete and submit the thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic English for Doctoral Students
- Education Research Methods
- Globalization and Education
- Educational Policy and Reform
- Philosophy of Education
- Kazakh Language for Educators
- Preparation for Proposal Defense
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- A Master’s degree or equivalent. During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
- A competitive CGPA in applicant’s Master’s (or equivalent) degree.
- High level of English proficiency
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 7.0 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
2 years of work experience in a relevant field. At the discretion of the Admissions Committee applicants with less than 2 years of work experience may also be considered
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- All students admitted to the Ph.D. in Education program are eligible for tuition and stipend funding by the government.
- All international students are considered for the merit based international student scholarships offered at the university.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.