Strathclyde Business School
We offer an excellent academic environment where you can pursue your research degree.
You're required to:
- Attend the Strathclyde Business School Faculty Research Methodology Programme. Though most achieve higher, you need to gain a Certificate level. It's four modules over two to three days each. If you're part time, you'll spread these over two years.
- Attend our Annual Away Day for PhD students. This is combined with the Annual Review, held usually in October/ November.
- Ensure regular meetings and contact with your supervisors.
In the Marketing programme at the University of Strathclyde, you'll have access to computing, printing, email and office facilities. You're expected to be in the Department of Marketing on a regular basis. You'll also attend the department's research seminar series as well as other occasional workshops.
You'll have hot desking facilities giving you regular access to the department. This'll help you integrate better with other students and staff. You're required to attend the department for at least ten days per year. This is on top of the Research Methodology Programme.
Potential applicants should note that there is no dedicated distance-learning programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study for your choice of these degrees within any of our four research areas:
- Consumption, markets & society
- Business innovation & networks
- Services marketing
- Strategic marketing & analytics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesMarketing Strategic Management Public Relations View 5 other PhDs in Public Relations in United Kingdom
- You'll need a first or 2:1 UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a relevant marketing based discipline from a recognised academic institution.
- If English isn't your first language, you'll also need to have a recent UKVI recognised Secure English Language Test (or a SELT) qualification.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK - £4,407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.