By integrating our Ph.D. program, you become an important link in an exciting research environment. At Nova SBE, we promote the inclusion of our Ph.D. candidates in the research projects of our faculty, as we believe that the quality of our doctoral training and that of our research are intimately connected.
Five reasons to choose this Ph.D in Economics and Finance from Nova School of Business and Economics
- International academic standards
- Training experience
- Research excellence
- International network
- Effective placement
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Advanced Mathematics
- Research Topics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Applications are open from 12 December until 31 January.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should hold a Master’s degree diploma in Economics, Finance, or other related fields, and should have a good level of competence in English. If you don’t have a Master’s Degree but expect to obtain within the year, your application can also be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcript of records of undergraduate and graduate degrees with full list of courses and grades.
- Recommendations in the form of two letters of reference;
- Statement of purpose - including areas of interest and potential supervisors;
- Certificate of results for the GRE (Graduate Records of Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test).
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Fees may be reduced up to 90 %, depending on the academic merit of the candidate. Academic merit is defined through analysis of performance relative to the program requirements for each year.
Our Research Unit is funded by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT) in this program. Excellent candidates may be selected for a Ph.D. scholarship in the next academic year, which grants them a living stipend (980 euros/month) and covers 2750 euros of the fees per academic year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.