Candidates should have substantial leadership experience, normally around 20 years. You’ll need to provide evidence of having led major initiatives as part of your career.
FeaturesThe Business Doctorate from University of Cambridge lets you:
- Translate your experience into methodised, rigorously assessed knowledge
- Identify drivers of your experience that can be applied to other contexts
- Enhance your knowledge and become a better leader
- Better understand current academic debates in your field
- Gain in-depth knowledge of management theory and practical expertise of research methods.
- The BusD emphasises lifelong education, built on Cambridge Judge Business School’s reputation for world-leading research.
- In years two to four you will undertake work-based research in relation to your thesis. During years two to four you must be resident in Cambridge for at least four weeks per year. When not in residence, you are required to keep in regular contact with supervisors while collecting and analysing data in the business environment. When absent from Cambridge you must apply for formal “Leave to Work Away”.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 69 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Academic transcripts for all degree-level education
- Two academic references
- Evidence of language competency
- Brief statement on your reasons for applying
- Outline research proposal
International80000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National80000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Years 2, 3, 4: £ 50,000
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.