Course work and research are available in such topics as manufacturing information systems and manufacturing control, supply chain, logistics, optimization quality control, haptics and virtual reality, industrial automation, safety and reliability engineering, diagnostics, prognostics, controls and statistical modeling.
The University of Illinois at Chicago offers a program leading to s degree in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at a doctoral level.
- Nonlinear Optimization
- Integer and Combinatorial Optimization
- Statistical Quality Control and Assurance
- Data Mining for Machine Health Diagnosis and Prognosis
- Expert Systems in Manufacturing
- Supervisory Control of Discrete Event Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
108 from the baccalaureate.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Educational Research View 19 other PhDs in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- Baccalaureate Field Industrial engineering or a related curriculum. The degree must be from an American Board of Engineering Technology (ABET) accredited college or university or the equivalent.
- Tests Required International applicants are required to take the GRE. Applicants seeking a teaching or research assistantship are strongly encouraged to take the GRE General.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
Admission to the PhD program is not automatic for students completing their MS degree in the department.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7227 USD per year during 24 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.