Doctoral degrees are for professionals to build advanced knowledge in their fields, but they’re not all the same, and often confused. For example, a PhD. degree is tailored toward producing academics, as a DBA is customised for future executives.
The Research Methods Course (RMC) modules are taught by expert staff in management research, completed in year 1 (maximum of 2 years), and are the foundation for all doctoral students:
- Develop as a professional researcher
- Build the skills required to successfully complete the programme
- Lead to the development of your final research proposal and qualifying report
The Executive DBA offers a wide range of facilities in order to ease your transition into the world of research.
A specifically tailored Distance Learning Course, coupled with exemplary customer care and world-class supervision, ensures you have all the necessary knowledge to succeed.
The latest version of the Blackboard™ Virtual Learning Environment is designed to meet the needs of the DBA student specifically:
- Directed reading
- Online tasks and quizzes
- Video conferencing for live discussions and research supervision
Virtual discussion boards are also used to conduct asynchronous online sessions between students and course tutors.
We understand your time is precious and that undertaking the Executive DBA is a huge commitment.
Therefore, we pair you with an academic supervisor who is a leading specialist in the topic you choose. Your supervisor will support you through the entire process as you develop your research idea into your final thesis. If your topic is multidisciplinary, we’ll ensure you have a team that can guide you in every area.
A Student Support Advisor will also help you stay on track through every course, and assist with any questions or concerns you have regarding the online learning environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Four subsequent research methods modules via Aston University’s Blackboard™ Virtual Learning Environment taught consecutively during year 1:
- Introduction to Business and Management Research – understand the process of business and management research and develop the necessary research skills to conduct a literature review.
- Applied Research Methods – enable you to think about the links between philosophy, theory, and research methodology, and apply these to business and management research.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods – provide a thorough grounding in the theoretical principles of, and approaches to, quantitative and qualitative research.
- Professional Development and Research Impact – develop an appreciation for impact related research to inform the operations and decision making within business and consider your future professional development.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business View 5 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For direct enrolment into the Executive DBA you must have
- an MBA, MSc or MA degree in business or management (or an equivalent professional qualification)
- a minimum of five years experience in a senior role
- if English isn’t your first language, either evidence that the master’s degree was taught mainly or entirely in English, a minimum TOEFL score of 87 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall, or an equivalent English language qualification recognised by Aston University is needed
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
Tuition fee can be paid across the first 4 years.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.