The fast-paced nature of technological change brings about accelerated transformations in the skill set needed to properly analyse and lead business organizations. The doctoral programme thus provides new opportunities for students to acquire complex and versatile skills. It places a strong emphasis on knowledge transfer, which can benefit the production system by delivering improvements and innovations or a greater ability to analyse organizations and the environments in which they operate.
Doctoral students will find a wide range of research lines and methods in the programme, meaning they have ample opportunities to undertake research relating to their interests and concerns. They will also join research groups that have earned established status and funding, collaborating with teams of proven ability.
The Business Management programme from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) entails developing and directing research in this field of study and relating to the wider field of economics, with particular attention to business management, the employment market and the tourism sector.
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) is a fully accredited online university based in Barcelona with over 70,000 students worldwide. The University welcomes doctoral students who want to develop their research in a highly qualified and international setting and on doctoral programme that is recognized throughout the European Higher Education Area.
- Students studying full-time will complete the programme in a maximum of 3 years and, if studying part-time, a maximum of 5 years, from admission to the programme to the doctoral thesis' defence.
- This timeframe does not include maternity or paternity leave or such long-term sick leave that the Academic Committee may consider appropriate.
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period: 1 December to 2 February
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 8 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
First, prospective candidates must demonstrate that they meet one of the following requirements:
- Holding an official Spanish bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and a university master's degree, or equivalent, and having completed at least 300 ECTS credits in these two programmes.
- Holding an official Spanish university degree, corresponding to previous regulations of university teaching, and having completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at master's level.
- Holding an official university degree from a country that is part of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies for entrance to official master's degree courses, and having completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at master's level.
International548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.